Monday, December 20, 2010

My first date with Java


Who says love at first site is not possible, well my love on Java was of course love at first sight. And I still feel that same magic on me by Him.

In order to tell you the story, we have to travel back in time. Those were my collage days . . . I met him for the first time in a boring, typical class. I was seldom attentive in classes, the intro sucked. Well, as usually I was disappointed that this class is as lackluster as others. I was looking outside from the window. It is clear, sunny day. It was almost 3 o clock in the evening, probably everyone are napping. Me stuck in a deadly numb class. As usual I was trying to act as if I am listening, as much disappointed I was that much attentive I became when I heard a sweet voice, a sweet song of Java flowing through my ears. Startling it was! It was for the first time I ever concentrated in computers class. I was listening and listening, and nothing is making me mad, on contrary it’s so soothing to my heart. Ever in my life that any class gave me such a relief. All it said was, “Hello world”.  That’s it, all it did was Hello, and I was totally flat at him, nothing he did ever changed my mind on him, fallen deeply into abyss of his concepts. Tangled in the web Object oriented programming. Well, until now there was no turning back.

Well, it is not the first time that I was so fed up with my classes, the worst part is the practices, nonetheless in the starting year of my college I was a first bencher. Used to sit in the first place and first bench, latter upon making few friends, I shifted to last. My friends are such a fun and so cool; they gave me the best part of my life. Specially my gang, gang that identifies itself for its menace. We are so tough in the whole college, never used to read, never used to write exams, never even used to pass the exams, of course the internal exams. Everyone were so good at one day batsmen-ship, that they used to play it with such a violence, and aggression, that they used to always pass, exception with me is that my passion on studies always fetched me a topper in my finals with just a single day championship.  Always, we are very jolly. They are so hostile to reading. Any studious girl / boy used to antagonize them. We used to compete on who gets the less marks. The one who gets the one digit mark is the idol, hero for the gang. And how we make boring class into our playground is total awesome. Our lecturers and professors are so fed up with us. We were the most fun, and naughtiest gang in the whole college. There are no embellishments to my college days, they are exactly what I say here.  lovable, I am not exaggerating on any.  They are that good, utterly standalones. Our professors used to hold grudges on us. Well during these days, when I was totally free bird with no kind of disciple and no aim in my life other than having fun . .  . inexplicable reckless days, with none to worry of, none to take care of, totally a free bird in a flock of other birds,  in my final year, I met him.

My friends left me, leaving me alone with Java, They gave up on me, they thought no one can ever bring me back to their world. I used to see nothing but Java. I was so happy that it was in my curriculum, the sweetness of the first programs . . . it is so perspicuous that I was in love with him, totally drenched in its lines of codes. It’s a absurd, and abstruse relation. He did had a strong poise of spell on me, with his charms and his implicit constructors, that are encapsulated in a class. His inheritance was mesmerizing, I am like totally blended into him for his polymorphic nature. His masculine  implicit constructors and parameterized constructors is all I used to see and here. His new instances, cool. I was in total trance. I was deeply in love with him. Oh! My dream Language.

I used to wake up from my nightmares saying implement this method of the interface in the class to achieve that functionality. Make him full, fill him in with ever functionality to make him powerful. This is all I used to dream. Well, in my lab, it was for first time I had a date with him. Finally, 2 hours of lab and guess what I get splendid time I ever had with him. Implemented all his concepts, so he could be happy. Javac / .java / Java are three dialogues that were keep coming out of my mouth. We in deed had a very good time that very first day in my lab. He always used to ask what he wanted without shouting at me. He used print it on the console just for me. Indeed it was so outstanding date that we choose to stay together all our life, he promised not to leave me and I promised not to leave him.

Well, in the end we both are happy in each other solace. The story ends and we go back to our homes.  Happily ever after . . .


14 comments:

  1. Ofter reading U r message simply iam say"I LOVE U darling"-STALIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am flattered, you liked my article this much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent work cassandra, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Nice Java journey....great !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time I heard, somebody loves so much Java...other than me. I am the first one or second one ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. u r really interesting gal. Its nice article.keep going...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who are you FG! Please post your email id and do not forget to give me your email id. Thank you. But I really really wanna know you.

    Who is FG?

    Between, thank you for your encouragement and compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wta luv story if u promise not to leave me i love u jay
    so promise............
    i promise............

    ReplyDelete
  9. great love story, its simple and mundane but still quite eccentric, interesting as well. never felt bored, it entertained me to a great extent.

    keep it up, please write this kind of articles. i am looking for this kind of novelty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet love story. so lovely. u love java. good to know it. nice u rock dear i love u too a lot promise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your love. I am so much honored that you just loved this mini love story.

    I am glad I could show the intensity of love in this. Well, thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gd love story between tech n u

    ReplyDelete
  13. terminator 5 love between machine n human. what a different love sstory but vy nice

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice love story between machine and human................ vy funny n vy different but nice n good

    ReplyDelete