Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Journey

I was a girl, just a girl in a colony with bunch of people, nothing special, nothing great, just an anonymous girl. My only identification was that I am a girl and nothing other than that. Well, during those days it did not even bother me, I was so happy and without any kind of fears, or any sort of ambitions, totally contented with my life, unaware of future struggle.  My daily activities used to be, going to school, reading, doing homework, and playing. So much of free time, used to literally waste my time. Cartoons were still my favourite pass time. I used to read many books, my favourite  place was library, because there were so many new books filled with totally new concepts, everything to anything used to fascinate me in those days. I was like a book worm. I did not know what is future, in fact I did not even know there is something called future. I was only familiar with present, no fears and no tears. I was not even sure why I need to go to school. But I always used to go to school. I was like almost a favourite student to my teachers. Always used to be first in participating in extra curriculum activities, wining first, second and third prizes accordingly for school in both intra and inter competitions. And the best part is I never used to feel proud in winning a prize, all it used to matter me was my participation. 

Those were days where I got neither a single responsibility nor sense of responsible, all I am supposed to do is study well, and get good marks. These were my schooling days . . . one day my school premeditated for an scientific excursion to CCMB, Center of Cellular and Molecular Biology. I was so thrilled to know that we are going to see a Research Center, this center is not usually opened for public. That day, it is opened for public because it was its anniversary. Honestly I was not knowing any place other than my home and my school. Therefore, this experience is totally novel and exciting. We all went to that center. And we were acquainted with what experiment were conducted for what purposes, well everything was so obscure and occult. For little minds like us it was too much to take into our brain. Out host was Dr. Susheel Chanda, he is so fair and tall, in his late 30’s and got unforgettable, extremely blunt obtuse nose. I noticed he is not from our city, it is apparent from his looks. Well he claims to be from Delhi. He is an interesting man. He is also very intelligent. Well, he had been explaining every experiment that had been conducting in that building, indubitably I had to presume he is shrewd. 

The few experiments that I savvied startled me, some of those even perplexed me. Well, I only assumed heat is the only thing that burns us, I never knew until that day, that even the icy pieces can burn us. Weird ha! It’s was not only scientific excursion but also a interesting day to me. I will tell you, why? He was sharing his experience about Delhi, he had a very bad opinion of Delhi, do not know the reason, but based on his words I discern that he is more lenient towards Hyderabad rather than Delhi. He confessed that streets of Delhi were so horribly filled with pollution and dust that they elicited tears. I tried to imagine what it is to be in Delhi, the words that he was pronouncing, disappeared, streets of Delhi appeared in front of me in a blur, well, abruptly it vanished into thin air due to the interruptions by my mind. I just knew, I will never go to Delhi. Innocent, however it is very true that I felt I will never grow and I will always be a mama’s darling baby, always being pampered. I could not even dare to imagine the Delhi in my mind. It perspicuously depicts my certitude about me being in city of pearls. No way I could digest the fact of leaving that place and going anywhere else. That day it was an impossible.

Present day, I am in Delhi. Impudently roaming in the streets of Delhi each day and every day. Daily I use DTC to commute and its roads. I walk every day in the streets of Delhi, memorizing each day this phrase, “never even anticipated that this would ever happen in my life, not even a smidgen of it before”. This is my journey from a innocent mama’s baby girl to a independent, strong, impudent girl. If you don’t call it a miracle, well, what do you call?

Dr. Susheel Chanda, never disappeared from my memories, I bet I might have forgotten few of them or say few of the moments but not him and his words. It is indeed astonishing to me. His words, still ringing In my ears, “Delhi is a place where there is lot of pollution”, “we cry when you go out in streets of Delhi”, “tears just pour out” besides my own thoughts, “me, ha, going to Delhi, baby you are not even permitted to think that way. ”. “It will never happen”, “impossible”, “next to impossible”, “you will never leave Hyderabad.” These words daily  ring in my mind when I am walking in the streets of Delhi.


8 comments:

  1. hmmm!! such a innocent gal na...cool ! Now, you tasting the wings of fire !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps! I am taking the fire into my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too innocent girl......hmmmmmm good one too

    ReplyDelete
  4. soft and so tasty.........liked it, good one. great going. and so good to know you are growing in your life. stagnate stinks a lot like a urine. well life is full of surprises, who knows what will happen next you could be next contradictory writer. who knows what is life is hidden for you. great cas good work. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow so fantastic, well written and it was so good to know u achieved this much. good keep it up dear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. This is my experience, purely my own life experience. I still cannot believe that I am in Delhi and roaming in the DTC.

    Between Red DTC rocks, and even DTC rocks.

    Delhi meri jaan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. keep it up, keep fighting one day u will win vy inspirational

    ReplyDelete